Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

11 weeks 3 days

Jessh I've been bad at updating lately! Honestly, I've spent most of my time napping!! HAHA! A lot has happened since I last wrote. Here is a re cap:

On April 26th, (8w2d) our midwife was nice enough to do a repeat ultrasound. She did that because we became nervous about TTT's HR only being 113bpm. The repeat ultrasound showed a HR in the 160's! It had only been a short time since our last ultrasound and baby looked much different! It was pretty exciting! We felt much better after that. I wish we weren't so scared to begin with, but we are.

On May 1st (9w0d)  I started spotting. I was also having cramping along with it. I didn't bother calling my dr, because I knew there was nothing they could do. I was terrified. I layed on the couch for days and  thought the worst. By May 5th, (9w4d) I did decide to call the dr. I couldn't sit around for weeks wondering if everything was ok. I knew spotting COULD be normal, I also knew that last time I had spotting was when we miscarried Grace's twin. The spotting had stopped for the most part, just some occasional brown spotting off and on. The dr asked that we come in for an ultrasound.


(9w2d belly) Jeeesh I'm bloated.

GREAT news! Baby was measuring 10 weeks. HR was 160 again and she said that everything looks "PERFECT" with baby. She did say the placenta is extremely low lying so that's why I had spotting. She told me I need to be on pelvic rest for 4weeks. (poor ryan) She said that 90% of these cases resolve themselves by second trimester. Baby was moving A LOT and it was sooo adorable!

(9w4d - measuring 10w0d) We were just SO relieved!!

We decided to rent a doppler so we don't have to run off to the dr every week for every little cramp. I am so thankful that we got that! We couldn't find the HR until 10w0d exactly.
O that heartbeat..what a beautiful sound. 160...Again.   :o)

Something stupid I noticed... my hair has REALLY gotten darker! I thought it had, but it took a few of my coworkers asking me, "did you dye your hair brown?",for me to really see it. It really has turned brownish! I dunno if it's something that happened  with my pregnancy with Grace or if it is something happening because of Tater Tot. It's weird though!

We bought a crib mattress at Babies R Us the other day because it was on sale! We stuck it in the crib with TT's other things and now it's starting to look like a real place a baby might belong. Of course it still needs sheets and blankets and stuff but it's nice to see the mattress for now. It was super hard to take Grace out of the crib though. Her and her urn and her  things have been in there since January. However, I got home and realized the mattress had to go somewhere... it was time for a move. Grace's urn is now on our dresser with all of her things. Much easier to get to and look at now actually, but moving her out of the crib that was meant for her, felt weird. Here is the crib now.

(We also bought that giraffe tote thing, isn't it so cute!?)
It's crazy to imagine that our baby might someday be wiggling around in there. I can't imagine. Just the thought of it makes me SO happy.

Yea... I might have bought some onsies too.... I might have bought 8 onsies. They were on sale, I couldn't help myself!


Ok so then yesterday, May 17th, (11w2d) was our OB appointment where they doppler baby's HR. The tech was nervous to try to find TTT's HR before I am 12 weeks so she brought me into a room with the ultrasound  machine! She  said "We'll just have her scan her belly so I don't make you nervous if I can't find an HR yet" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We were so excited for a suprise  sneek peek at TTT!  The pix didn't come out well at all because baby was moving so much! TTT has big boy arms and legs complete with elbows, wrists, and knees. He (yea I know it might be a she) was moving so much, doing barrell rolls and everything. It was so cool to see and we were so excited because we didn't think we were going to get to see baby at all that day. The placenta was still super low though, so that kinda sucked but oh well. Like I said, the pix didn't turn out well, he doesn't look very big in the pix at all.


(11w2d)

Next Wednesday (12w4d) I have my ultra screen with my perinatologist. Here is a link all about an ultra screen in case you don't know what one is. It is a pretty good test for multiple different congential abnormalities. If the baby were to come back with any sort of anomolies, we would still continue the pregnancy. The ultra screen is just for our own readiness and possible peace of mind. We're taking my mom with us so she can get a look at her grand baby. I so hope and pray that we get good news from the ultra screen!

As far as names go, as of 11w3d: For a boy, we like Kohen. For a girl, we like Hannah.

Well, I think that's all I have to update about. O wait, I'll update my belly... But I think I may just need to poo. HAHA

(seriously 11w3d?...that's gotta be bloat)

See you later aligators!

4 comments:

  1. OH the Pelvic rest thing --I know all about that I have a cerclage and my poor hubby we have been on pelvic rest and modified bedrest for 18 wks---YEP --what a guy he must love me ??? The pics and onesies are supercute. I was nevous about buying anything too -I still am it was like a major thing for me ot buy a stroller/carseat combo and I was so scared of jinxing myself...but we bought it--hubby said we had to have a carseat cause in a few weeks he will be here and we have ot have something to bring him home in..I KNOW I KNOW but i'm forever a paranoid person..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had some good finds at the store! Glad you have the doppler for peace of mind. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Hope that things continue to go well and your placenta moves out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the names! And I'm glad to hear everything is going well. XO

    ReplyDelete